Symantec and its owned subsidiaries including GeoTrust, RapidSSL & Thawte SSL certificates issued before June 1, 2016, will no longer be trusted by Google Chrome (66) post 17th Apr,2018.
Since Google Chrome has a majority of the browser market, its proposed distrust of Symantec certificates in the Chrome browser may potentially affect Chrome user traffic on your web sites.If you haven’t re-issued your Symantec,GeoTrust, RapidSSL & Thawte issued SSL then we recommend that you replace these certificates.
To verify your website SSL certificate Details and Validity:
Here’s what you should do if your website have a Symantec ,GeoTrust, RapidSSL & Thawte SSL Certificate-
|Case||Issued||Expires||Begin to Replace||Complete Replacement by|
|1||Before June 1, 2016||Before March 15, 2018||N/A – no action required||N/A – no action required|
|2||Before June 1, 2016||On or between March 15, 2018 and September 12, 2018||Any time||March 15, 2018|
|3||Before June 1, 2016||On or after September 13, 2018||December 1, 2017||March 15, 2018|
|4||On or after June 1, 2016||On or after September 13, 2018||December 1, 2017||September 13, 2018|
Steps to Replace Your Symantec (and Subsidiary CAS) SSL/TLS Certificates. This instruction outlines the certificate replacement steps. For more details, see the references listed at the end -
- Sign in to your existing Symantec, Thawte, GeoTrust, or RapidSSL account.
- Find the certificate(s) you need to replace.
- Create a CSR (certificate signing request).
- Select the replace/reissue certificate option.
- Submit your replacement/reissue request.
- As soon as DigiCert has revalidated/re-authenticated your domains and organizations (as required for the certificate type), they will reissue your replacement certificate.
- Install your SSL/TLS certificate.
Brand-Specific Certificate Replacement Instructions
- Symantec™ Complete Website Security
- Symantec Managed PKI for SSL
- Symantec Trust Center
- Symantec Trust Center Enterprise
- Thawte Certificate Center (TCC)
- Thawte Certificate Center Enterprise (TCCE)
- GeoTrust Security Center (GSC)
- GeoTrust Enterprise Security Center (GESC)
- RapidSSL Security Center
Get the right SSL certificate for your needs
Get in touch with us if you have any questions about SSL certificates. We’re happy to talk with you.